Thursday, August 18, 2011

Seven Steps to Healing-Step 3: Belief

By Pastor Pattie Reeves

Everything is possible for him who believes. Mark 9:23

Belief is a knowledge that we can do something. It's the inner feeling that what we undertake, we can accomplish. For the most part, all of us have the ability to know whether or not we can do it. So in belief, there is power: Our eyes are opened, our opportunities become plain, and our visions become realities.


I found that I could find the energy…that I could find the determination to keep on going. I learned that your mind can amaze your body, if you just keep telling yourself  I can do it…I can do it…I can do it! -Jon Erickson.

Belief is an assumed truth. Belief without evidence is hard for many people. What makes something believable and you don't have to see it? The only thing that comes close and tangible is serving God. I don't have to see Him to believe He exists and is alive in me. This is where your faith comes into play. To serve God, you must have faith that He is and He shall return again.

When my daughter was very young, I taught her about traffic signals. As we drove along, I told her that the yellow light means to slow down, the red light means to stop and the green light means to go. One day as we traveled down a street, I would call out the light colors and she would tell me to go, slow down or stop. Just when I thought she had mastered it, we approached an intersection with a green light and she boldly said, "Stop Mommy!' As I slowed down and looked to ask her why, a car ran through the red light. Had I not slowed down, I would not be here today to write this. I sat motionless at the light for a few moments and couldn't move. Then I began to praise God for sparing our lives. During dinner that evening, I told my husband what had transpired earlier that day. He looked at her and asked her why did she tell me to stop at the green light. She looked up at him innocently and said, "I heard a voice say, 'Stop.'" We both looked in astonishment and rejoiced in the fact that she had heard the voice of God and acknowledged it. Her acceptance and belief in the voice of God saved both of our lives that day.

Did she understand the magnitude of what had happened? Maybe not, but she was obedient to change the course of her traffic light instructions. Praise be to God!

Oftentimes, we see or hear something that is unusual and we don't quite understand it, let alone believe in it. The Word of God says, "Eyes have not seen and ears have not heard …what God has in store for those who believe." Take a leap of faith and just believe. Believe as an innocent child and watch Him perform a miracle in your life.

Whose report will you believe?


No comments:

Post a Comment