Saturday, December 17, 2011

Giving Shows Gratitude

My Beloved,

During the Christmas Season we are reminded about having the spirit of giving. The spirit of giving should not be for the Christmas season only; rather a lifestyle. So many times when the Bible talks about giving, we immediately think about material things-but it's much more than that. Giving can be of our time, giving a hug, giving a compliment or building the other person up. Sometimes it's easier to write a check than to give of ourselves in prayer.

One time when I was worshipping with my children, the Lord stopped me to pray for a friend of mine. The Lord told me she was in trouble. So, we all began to pray for her. After praying, we called her and found out that while we were in prayer, she had accidently driven into a ditch and her life was spared by divine intervention.

This is what can happen when we have a spirit of giving. Not only can we be a blessing for ourselves, but for others, too. 

1 Timothy 6:18: Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

With all my love,

Pastor Sarah Marie Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment